Thursday, September 30, 2010

CAME OUT TO MY BEST FRIEND!!!!

My exams are finally over
It was the day before our last exam she(my best friend R) called me up and asked me to come online, she had to talk about something important..yeah we don't really talk on phone sometimes!!! we chat...
I logged in she told me what it was, she was in a bit of a trouble and well I couldn't really help but then sometimes all you need is a listener and I am always there whenever she needs me...after it was all over, I finally decided to let her know what I have been trying to tell her for quite some time now. I am very closeted but out to my best friends, who matter to me the most and they have been very supportive, they love me for everything I am for all I have, they love me for who I am. But its different with her, as in we don't really talk about love and stuff, our conversations are mostly on studies, career and social issues but never about the matters of heart and very personal things like this!! So I find it difficult to tell her, we have been together now for three years though...
I started
told her I have been trying 'hard' to tell her something which I consider important...
she said "just say it!!!"
so I said it
I'M GAY
I have a girlfriend
and she was like...
"are you kidding me"
I said no
then she asked me if I am sure and all those "questions"
she was totally cool with it, asked about my girl, if I am serious about her..
told her all about my lovely girl(L), I love her and yes I am serious.
shes happy for me...
it was liberating
it sucks big time to pretend to be someone else when you really don't have to!!!
and also I don't have any gay friends here so now finally I have someone to talk to about this part of my life... including R now I am out to 3!!
I am missing L...its aching :( shes 1800 miles away!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's always the best feeling when your loved ones and close friends are cool with 'you being you'. I am sure it was like a 1000 lb weight lifted off your shoulders. And I feel for you...I would go crazy if I was 1,800 miles away from my hunnie. Well, I hope that you and she are reunited soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx!! :)
    coming out is a great experience in itself...

    ReplyDelete